The 2018 IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (INCOM 2018) represents the 16th event in the rich tradition of triennial IFAC events in manufacturing sciences and information technologies.
The general theme of INCOM 2018 is Information Control for Responsive Manufacturing Systems.
In an economic world of volatile markets and changing global networks, manufacturers are experiencing a fierce pressure to cope with erratic market demands for highly customized products and quick delivery, while maintaining cost-effectiveness. Furthermore, the competitive pressure requires actions to sustain the business by means of a quick integration of technological innovation in manufacturing.
The true capability to achieve such a responsiveness depends substantially on the progress in advanced technologies and innovative methodologies at all levels of design, manufacturing and control of the industrial infrastructure.
INCOM 2018 aims to provide a context facilitating the knowledge exchange, the review and discussion of theoretical advances, research results, and industrial experiences, among scientists, researchers, decision makers, practitioners and students.
Authors from academia and industry are encouraged to join the event and share their research results and empirical insights focusing on one of the following themes:
- Advanced manufacturing technologies and systems
- Advanced reliability, maintenance and safety engineering and technologies
- Enterprise modelling and information systems
- Modelling, control and optimization of complex engineered systems
- Simulation, control and monitoring of evolutionary and adaptive production systems
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Operations management in production systems and logistics
- Human and social factors in production systems
- Lifecycle management, product-service systems and technologies
- Industry 4.0: strategies, models and technologies for next-generation production systems
We sincerely welcome our colleagues worldwide to join us for this conference in Bergamo in June 11-13, 2018.